09 Jul Flatscreens in the Classroom
No one can dispute the many benefits of Interactive Flatscreens such as Clevertouch, MTouch and Hitachi in the classroom (the Hitachi and Clevertouch are top selling interactive flatscreens). They offer intuitive learning environments that are designed to handle modern devices and current technology. But…sometimes you may not require interactivity in the classroom. Sometimes you just want a large display that you can display your work on. In this post we’ll talk about flatscreens in the classroom and what you should look out for when buying one.
Investing In A Flatscreen for the Classroom
While these screens don’t offer interactivity, you can still benefit from the ICT revolution by hooking them up to your laptop and displaying what you want to display: notes, images or pages from the internet. Interactivity and play in the classroom are mostly associated with younger pupils. If you run a secondary school, it could be worth considering investing in a large format display as there is less need for interactive games and learning through play in a secondary classroom. An Apple TV will facilitate casting of iOS devices and some smart TVs have Android casting inbuilt as standard.
Benefit of Buying A Flatscreen
The big benefit of buying a standard flatscreen is COST. These screens come in different ranges from domestic smart TV’s to commercial grade LCD panels. The main difference across these ranges is warranty. Most domestic panels, like you would buy on the main street, come with a 12 month warranty, commercial panels typically come with a 2 or 3 year warranty. Our Sedao commercial grade panels come with a 5 year warranty.
What To Consider When Buying a Flatscreen for your Classroom
- Warranty – Very important especially in a school where use is heavy. Make sure you get at least a 16/7 warranty. i.e. 16 hours a day , Seven days a week.
- Multi Connectivity – Multiple HDMI inputs at a minimum, perhaps you still need VGA? Check before you buy. Remember if you are connecting an Apple TV, this will take up one of your HDMI Inputs
- Resolution – Full HD (1920 x 1080) at a minimum, these days 4K is really becoming the standard
- Size – Range of sizes are available. 65” at a minimum, 75” is also very popular in a standard classroom.
- Wireless Casting – Has the screen got Inbuilt casting, or can it facilitate external devices? Can your supplier offer you a range of casting solutions?
- Installation – Who is installing the screen? Are they experienced and qualified? Can they supply a range of mounting solutions and the appropriate safety rated hardware and cabling solutions?
Suppliers of ICT & Flatscreens for Schools
Toomey Audio Visual have many years’ experience installing Flatscreens in schools and we are proud to play a part in making that future happen by supplying ICT equipment to schools around Ireland – and keeping it serviced! Our budget friendly, high performance flat screens are a potential valuable tool for educators across the board. So, if you are thinking of investing in one or more flatscreens, give us a call on +353 1 4660515 or contact us online and we will listen to you and advise you as best we can.
Make sure you don’t miss out on future blog posts by joining our mailing list now!